Be part of something inspirational. Now is the time to start compiling the list of your top 10 books of all time. This is not the Booker or the Orange award. It is a search for the Nation’s favourite voted for by people who love to read; the titles that you think will inspire non-readers to pick up a book in their spare time. In September a top 100 will be compiled from which a panel of authors, readers and industry experts will select the 25 titles to be given away in 2012. This year 20,000 givers will each be armed with 24 books (last year my 48 went in under 5 minutes) to give away more books will be given directly to prisons, hospitals, workplaces and through various partner organisations.
How do I vote for my favourite books?
1. Go to www.worldbooknight.org
2. Sign in or register as a user
3. Go to ‘My Favourite Books’ and type the titles and/or authors of your favourite books into the search box
4. Drag and drop to change the order of your favourites from 1 to 10. You can add more (or less) than 10 books but each book you add will replace the book at no. 10
5. You can change your list as many times as you like. The final top 100 will be based on on everyone’s favourites at midnight on August 31.
6. Tell everyone you know – we want to collect as many lists as possible